Monday, April 9, 2012



black, white and pink

.
.
.
.



Hello friends and others (you're my friends too, others)
It's been a busy few weeks with lovely friends visiting, pic nics, picture taking and frequently leaving the house. Whenever I'm socializing/breathing in fresh polluted city air I'm not blogging and when I'm blogging I'm not socializing. Kind of. Must. Find. Balance. Or maybe I'm just not a balance type of person? Screw balance.
The picture above was taken by my bf and bff on a day where my hair was looking extra fabulous with leftovers of teasing, braiding and lots and lots of hairspray after a photoshoot that I just might possibly share with the world later.

In other random news, my friend needed to buy rollerskates (for roller derby, which is a beautiful and brutal sport) which led us to 'the bad part of town' nah okay, the suburbs in search of a certain skate shop. A gloomy neighbourhood right outside of the city, very different from the Paris we know and love but just as intruiging, if not more so. The guy in the shop told us about a roller derby game that was on later that night, which we of course went to. It was awesome. Okay, I was tired and cranky BUT it was really fun to see. When I grow up I'm gonna be a badass like those chicks. I'll add some pictures to my flickr later.
On the way back from the shop we noticed some very interesting architecture:






To hell with whatever fashion something ambitions I'm having, I'll just become an architectural photographer! For a split second I thought these houses were a little tacky, but I changed my mind immediately when I noticed the odd shapes and trees on roofs and balconies and how it looks like a mountain or a hill with little homes built into it. Nice.

Oooh another thing I have to mention. I finally watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo the other day. I blogged months ago about how in love I was with Rooney Mara and her makeover for the film but I never got around to watching it. I didn't know what to expect but I was not disappointed. Mainly due to Rooney M's interpretation of the beautifully insane Lisbeth Salander. I get a little over excited about some stuff, but I'm bad at expressing it so I'm just going to... not. 
I'm hesitant to watch the original Swedish ones, mostly because I'm afraid I won't like Noomi Rapace as much as Rooney. The only thing I know is that I don't like the styling for her, she looks like an emo kid in costume, way over the top, while RM's look is more subtle and believable. And just gorgeous. But I'll watch it soon and hopefully eat my words. + Funny how the title of the original film and book 'Men who hate women' (or 'Män som hatar kvinnor') was too harsh for the American audience but the film itself wasn't. There were scenes in it that were extremely difficult to watch. Which is good, I like it when a film makes me feel something. In moderation though... I still haven't fully recovered from Requiem for a Dream. Anyway, it was a nice break from Gossip Girl, that carousel of a show (says the person who watched Gossip Girl with dinner tonight. I like Blair. She's awesome.)









xoxo.





3 comments :

  1. Nice blogging, as usual:)
    You have to see all three Swedish films about Lisbeth Salander and the Millennium. They are very good and you won´t be disappointed! Yes the character of Lisbeth is more rough in the original films but I liked her much more than in the American version.
    Look forward to see your photo shoot!
    Regards,
    Sif

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an interesting post, so many things in it!!
    I really love your architectural photos, the black and white gives them a dreamy atmosphere and the shapes are amazing!!
    I reccomend you to not watch the first version of 'the girl with the dragon tattoo' because, apart for the worst looking actress, the film is very boring!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate a comment. ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ