Saturday, April 28, 2012



outfit

.
.
.
      Photos: Thordur Sveinsson    

Went out for tea and a muffin in this outfit. 
I like it because it looks like me...


I wore 1. two grey pieces that I got on sale a while ago and wondered if I would ever wear but have since pretty much become my uniform: my crooked upside down multi sleeve dress from All Saints and a Topshop (but so very un-Topshop) hooded jacket with sweatshirt-like sleeves. 2. Bianco leather boots, pricy but the perfect witch-like lace up boots I had wanted since I was a kid. Plus wearable because of the fat heel. I gave up on them temporarily because the sole doesn't support my foot very well which gets extremely uncomfy. I finally bothered to put in some thin foam insoles and strategically placed bits of toilet paper and cotton buds in a desperate attempt at making them hug my feet. It worked. Yay. Another reason I'm very fond of this outfit, it was the first time I actually walked outside in my beautiful perfect boots without my feet dying AND the first time in a while where I bothered to wear something other than my distressed biker boots that I always just throw on without thinking. They really need a break :[ 3. my dear Mil-Tec bag that I will never throw away no matter how faded and gross it gets. I don't know what it is but I feel like a jerk when I wear a fancy bag on an otherwise casual day. Or a handbag, THAT is something very unnatural to me. But on others it doesn't bother me... 4. The scarf/hood thing I made that I call "Flæmi" 5. 2x black tights because cold. One of them has that neat crinkle effect

As you can see, the Paris weather is being an asshole and major disappointment in all its greyness. I kinda like the rain though, makes the air all fresh.

Another thing, I cut my hair. Myself! Proud? Yes.
To be precise I now have a short fringe. On my face. You can see a hint of it in these photos but they were taken before I made it fat and juicy.
I'll post pictures of that bad boy later.


Ta.



5 comments :

  1. I am so in love with those boots. Also, congrats on cutting your own hair! After I tried doing it myself when I was twelve and having it end with me crying on the bathroom floor for half an hour, I've never attempted it again. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool outfit, I adore your blue checked scarf and boots <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so in love with your style and you really have an amazing blog<33
    Would you like following each other?;p
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Áslaug JónsdóttirApril 30, 2012 at 3:45 PM

    very nice blog my lovely,
    mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

      Delete